Standard Conditions of Contract
In all purchases our Standard Conditions of Contract apply.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Hugh Crane (Cleaning Equipment) Ltd., these conditions shall override any terms or conditions stipulated incorporated or referred to by the Buyer whether in the order or in any negotiations.
- Partial loss or damage. Goods must be signed for as damaged at the time of delivery or if any doubt exists, the seller shall be notified within 3 working days.
- All goods supplied as per individual manufacturers warranty and all claims shall be subject to acceptance by the manufacturer. Whilst the seller will use his best endeavours to give instructions, recommendations and advise to a buyer in all respects it shall be the responsibility of the buyer to satisfy himself that the intended application of the goods is suitable for the intended use, process, production or storage methods used in his utilisation of the goods.
- Delivery and payment. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment for all goods is strictly 30 days from the date of delivery. Interest will be charged on all overdue accounts at the rate of 2.5% per month above the standard bank rate.
- Passing of risk. The risk in goods shall pass to the buyer when the seller delivers the goods.
- Governing Law. This agreement shall be construed and take effect in all respects in accordance with English Law.
- Compensation. The sellers liability for damage or compensation of any nature arising out of any claim whether contractual or otherwise shall not exceed the invoice price of the goods in respect of which such claim is made.
- Price. The price of goods shall be the price ruling at the date of delivery and the seller reserves the right to alter prices at any time, prior to delivery.
- Until full payment for goods delivered is received, ownership of the goods (both legal and equitable) shall remain the property of Hugh Crane (Cleaning Equipment) Ltd. All such goods shall also be deemed as hire equipment until payment is made in full.
- All Warranty work is carried out strictly subject to individual manufacturers warranty terms and conditions. Customers will be liable for all costs incurred which are not accepted by the individual Manufacturer.
- Hire equipment. For all equipment hired from Hugh Crane (Cleaning Equipment) Ltd., a specific set of hire conditions apply. These conditions are available on request.
For purchases over the website the following conditions are also applicable. Please contact us using the details above for a copy of our Standard Conditions of Contract. These comply with UK legislation and are designed to ensure that our customers can shop easily and with confidence.
All prices are in £ sterling and shown both exclusive and inclusive of VAT but exclusive of packaging and delivery charges to any address in UK. Any exceptions will be clearly marked on the website where relevant. Prices may be subject to change without notice, but we will only alter the price after we have confirmed your order. If, by mistake, we have under priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the item to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the item at that price.
Items shown on this website may not always be in stock. If any of your chosen items is not in stock, you will be advised of our best estimate of availability and delivery date at the time you place your order. Please note that an indication of such dates is an estimate only, may be subject to change without notice, and does not constitute a contractual obligation by Hugh Crane (Cleaning Equipment) Ltd to supply goods by a certain date. However, if availability is unduly delayed, we will use our best endeavour’s to keep you informed.
Product images and descriptions
Please note that the images shown on this website may be affected by the technology and the actual products may vary slightly. Whilst we do our best to faithfully reproduce colours, some variation may occur.
Accepting orders and security
When you place an order, either online, by telephone or in writing, we will treat it as an offer to buy. If we accept your order, we will send you a confirmation e-mail with your order number, at which point we make a legal contract with you. However, we will be entitled to refuse to accept your order if we feel it necessary. When you receive your e-mail confirmation, you will have an opportunity to check the details and correct any errors. In deciding whether to accept your order we may use the information you have given to us, or we already hold about you, or which we receive from any enquiry we may make with various agencies, to confirm your identity. This assists us to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions. If we decline your offer on security grounds we may contact you to seek an alternative payment method.
We are pleased to offer a no-quibble cancellation policy, which is in addition to your statutory rights. If you wish to change or cancel an order contact our Head Office team on 01493 750072 any time between 9am and 5pm, Mon to Fri. Please have the order number and date the order was placed to hand. If you decide to cancel your orders after order confirmation has been sent let us know as soon as possible, otherwise if the consignment has been dispatched we will charge you the carriage cost.
For detailed information visit our dedicated DELIVERY POLICY PAGE.
All goods are examined in detail by ourselves prior to dispatch to ensure that they leave our warehouse in perfect condition. However, transit damage unfortunately can occur. If your purchase is showing obvious signs of transit damage upon delivery, please refuse to accept it and notify us immediately including photographic evidence of the goods and packaging. If damage is only evident upon opening of packaging, then you must inform us within 72 hours of receipt again providing photographic evidence of the goods. In either case, we will then arrange re-delivery of replacement goods as soon as possible.
Goods are fully guaranteed against faults in manufacture, materials or workmanship for a period of 12 months from delivery. No warranty is made in respect of commercial rather than domestic use. If your goods develop a fault within 28 days of delivery, the goods may be returned for either refund in full, or replacement. Replacement only is offered after 28 days and before 12 months. These promises do not apply to faults caused by accidental damage, neglect or misuse.
For detailed information visit our dedicated RETURNS POLICY PAGE.
Sales on this web site are governed by English law and you agree to submit any dispute to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. All orders are subject to these terms and conditions and no amendments will be accepted by us. These terms and conditions do not affect your legal rights. Any other web sites to which you link from this site may be governed by their own terms and conditions. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of web sites which are not under our control.
We are required by law to tell you that sales can be concluded in English only and that we do not file copies of customer contracts.
We cannot guarantee that this web site will be compatible with all customers computers.